View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Fitz

Default Luxury Cruise Recommendations

My husband and I are looking for a cruise to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and his 60th birthday in 2006. I have researched all of the "luxury" cruise lines and I am so confused! We have cruised 6 times in the past on the huge commercial liners. We have been the happiest with the Celebrity brand. RCCL and Princess were nice too but each offered a different cruise experience. If we are going to put out $8,000 - $10,000 for this trip, do not want to be disappointed. For those of you who have been on Radisson, Seabourne, Silversea, Sea Dream Yacht Club and Crystal, would you mind telling me why you loved or hated your experiences on these cruise lines. I have read their brochures from cover to cover, looked at the message boards and still don't know where to put our money. I will tell you that we both enjoy gourmet dining, balconies, low-key night life (dancing and cabaret type shows), friendly people and interesting ports of call. I do not want to feel out of place with a ship full of wealthy, snobbish passengers either! Also, which line does the Mediterranean best? Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated. One last thing, would I be better off just using my Captain's Club status and booking a suite on Celebrity? Opinions Please.

P. Fitz
Sponsored Links