View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Travel Insurance

Just a little FYI for others looking into whether to purchase travel insurance or not:

My health insurance policy with Schaller Anderson Healthcare DOES cover med-evac and foreign country treatment, so if you have insurance through them you may want to check out your policy.

My husband's health insurance policy with CIGNA only covers emergency services when out of the country.

Also, my Bank of America platinum credit card offers some loss coverages as long as whatever is lost was purchased through the credit card (i.e., lost baggage = airfare must have been purchased on credit card).

I would think the moral of the story, so to speak, would be like anything else - Do your research. Check out your current coverage through your health insurance, homeowners insurance, credit cards, etc. to find out what you're already paying for...then purchase travel insurance coverage for gaps or limitations, if any. A couple hours on the telephone or online at the company websites could save you some money, which I'm sure we can all agree is a good thing.