View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Passenger

Default Expectations for Med Cruise?

I'm posting here b/c advice in this section was instrumental in helping me understand what cruising was and what to expect in the process. Because of all your responses, I enjoyed my vacations much more.

My dilema: We have been on 4 cruises before - all to the Caribbean. We are looking to branch out to a new cruising area and are looking to set our expectations correctly.

To celebrate a 40th birthday, we're looking to go on a Mediteranian cruise. Ideally hitting Barcelona, Italy, Greece and Turkey. In doing my homework, I am finding that most of the stops are very historical in nature and that I should expect to be very busy - as the port calls are lengthy each day. As well, it seems that some of the ports (like Rome) are quite a traveling distance to the actual area. I'm concerned that once I get back from the cruise I'll need another vacation to recuperate!

Is it worthwhile to attempt to cruise the mediteranian vs. taking a land tour?

And, if we enjoy the relaxation of being on a ship, is the Med really the place for us to go? I'm playing around with scraping the Med. for a turn at Hawaii or French Polynesia.

Any comments/suggestions would be helpful in getting closer to deciding on the next cruise. Thanks in advance!

Dawne
Sponsored Links