Thread: Ketchikan
View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Ford_Racing_Ron

Default Re: Ketchikan

My opinion,,for what its worth. I took a 14 day cruisetour through Alaska and the yukon which included 4 nights on the ship, one port of call was Ketchikan. I heard so much about the Mysties I felt I had to go. As a side note, I met a lady here in the lower 48 and she said that was the number one thing to do there,,,she lived there for 14 years,

I booked with Seawind aviation and I will say,,yes it does look different then other parts of Alaska, at least the parts I had seen. The cliffs are pretty steep due to the glalciers cutting and running,,it does look different,,so many lakes. Plus the plane will land on a lake, and we were there with no other planes (I don't know if planes use the same lakes or not) and the scenery was incredible. we got out and walked around for about 20-25 minutes. Complete isolation,,something different for a city boy from Los Angeles.

We also spotted some bear from the air and went down low and circled them for a while.

After treking across the land for the few days we did, my wife (who is scared to death of small planes but loved this (Steve is a real good,,very smooth pilot) she said it was the highlight of the trip for her.

If interested, email me off ine and I can link you with some pictures I have stored on line. It may give you and idea. Ron