View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2005, 09:39 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Northbound or Southbound?

hi tom

i have been on the spirit twice for the roundtrip to glacier bay. LOVED IT. i went in sept and then this past may. may is definetely the most beautifu time to go with all the snow on the mts and lots of beautiful waterfalls going on. and you will like the ship as well. but my next trip to alaska will be the southbound. if you want to take in a couple days of tours in danali ( spelling ) or seeing the sights and not be wore out when you get home , then you can get on the ship and have a relaxing cruise back. i would definetely get a oceanview or balcony cabin on the port side so you will see the land sites all the way down. and if you have not used yvr airport before in vancouver ''' book your flight later in the afternoon'''. it can be a nightmare to get through customs and security. especially if there are a number of ships getting into port the day you do. www.cruisecal.com is a good site to use too see how many ships will be in your ports . just leave the first two questions all then put in your port and the date you will be there. if you can manage it, stay the night and enjoy this great city. it has many things too offer as you have probably already read here on this thread.

i hope this helps. and if you want to see whales absolutely book a whale tour. seeing them from the ship is very unlikely and they are a awesome thing to see on a tour. no i did not see any BEARS because i did not go on a tour for them.