View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2005, 02:25 PM
ErinC

Default Alaska w/ Royal Caribbean

Hi Everyone-

My husband and I are taking our first Alaskan cruise Aug 21 - Sept 2. Coming up fast! We have all of our excursions planned, and are looking forward to them. We were sure to book a variety of excursions in a variety of different places, while still allowing ourselves some down time in various ports of call. We have even booked snorkelling in Alaska! Anyone ever tried that? Sounded a bit chilly to me, but hubby loves to snorkel. I don't remember where in Alaska the snorkelling is taking place.

Anyway, does anyone have any general advice for a couple of first-time Alaska cruisers? It's obscenely expensive, but we figured we'd make the most of it before we have children, and every vacation becomes obscenely expensive!

I think we've got a pretty good handle on packing. Weather, it seems, is completely unpredictable, and so we'll pack for everything. Some people say never take jeans, because they're heavy and don't dry, then some people say they lived in their jeans for the entire cruise. Hard to get any kind of concensus, as everyone feels differently about these things. I'm a bit concerned about laundry. We're doing a 12-day cruisetour, starting with five days on land. I hate re-wearing clothes (call me a sissy), but there's no way I can pack enough for twelve days, if I don't even know what the weather will be! On-board laundry is, again, obscenely expensive. Any suggestions, short of washing in the bathroom sink and hanging dry? Not my preferred method of washing clothes, but I will if I must!

Lastly, even though we've got excursions planned, is there any particular excursion or attraction that is an absolute must? What did you enjoy most on your Alaskan cruises? Thanks!
Sponsored Links