View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2002, 09:29 PM
Passenger

Default Re: San Juan/St Thomas/St Maarten

We are Cruising on the Golden Princess on 4/6 but I spent almost 2 mounts all together in St. Maarten last year and am baffled what to do with my Family for the 1 day I am there but I have narrowed it down to 2 things which I suggest to you people.. #1 is a trip to Pinel Island. I don't suggest the excursion off the ship you can get a cab to take you to the dock (Guessing $10) and then the water Taxi is $5.00 round trip per person. It is the most beautiful beach I have been on. The other thing I suggest is Maho. There is a beach in Maho which is at the end of the airport runway and it is amazing to watch the planes come in and go out... there is also shopping there to and it is not even close to as crowded as Marigot or Phillipsburg will be. Prices are about the same and there is a restaurant called Cheri's which you can't help but enjoy. Hope this helps for anyone looking to do something a little different. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I never went to/ heard of anything Cool until we started to plan our Crusie so i can't coment on that and Don't get me wrong Orient is nice but crowded and TOURISTY