Thread: Jungle Queen
View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Jungle Queen

There are a number of hotels along the road where the Jungle Queen docks. There is the Sheraton Yankee Clipper just before you get to the Jungle Queen dock and the Radisson Bahia Mar which is just past. I've stayed at the Radisson and it is a good full service hotel offering all facilities and services.
I have not done the dinner cruise but have done the afternoon tour on JUngle Queen. It is fun , a bit "cheesy" and a great way to spend an afternoon and see the intercoastal waterway. This is not a Disney world attraction , but , can make for a fun family afternoon.
I personally would do the afternoon boat ride and then walk north on the road opposite the beach a block or two to one of the many good outdoor restaurants. Gram and I like Pussers which has indoor and outdoor service.
I can also recommend taking a few dollar cab ride north to Lauderdale by the Sea
and going to a fun and very casual restaurant right on the beach called Aruba.
The deli at the Bahia Mar Marina makes great breakfast and lunches and has outdoor tables to eat (good prices, about 200 feet to Jungle Queen dock).