View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Limon, Costa Rica. Williamstad, Curacao

I am not familar with HAL's shore tours but both ports can be done very easily on your own. The Aerial Tram tour is very popular and should be booked through the ship. However, many people don't realize you are going into the Rainforest where it ?? Rains. The foliage cover is very thick and often you will not be able to see much wild life, if that is what is important to you. The tram cars only hold 6 people with a guide, so lines are long in the humid heat. These are just facts that have been mentioned during my research. An alternate and the number one rated tour at Limon can be purchased at the Tent area just at the end of the dock; Tortugero Canal and Banana Plantation tour which will be about 3 1/2 hrs. in a private vehicle @ $45 per couple. This included numerous stops; Playa Bonita, The canal tour with guide, a walking tour of the Dole Banana Plantation and plant, looks at the local flora & fauna and the 3 toed sloths plus our driver stopped at a supermarket for me at my request and even helped with currency conversion.
At Curaco, also a taxi tour to the Plantation house, a visit to the Aquarium and even a stop at Aquarium beach right next store was pretty nice. Skip the Curacao liquor factory, Barcardi its not.
Bon Voyage