View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2004, 05:34 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Saint Thomas beaches & thongs

JCL - Wow - topless on St Thomas? I thought topless was illegal in the USVI. I have not been to that specific Marriott beach though. The only online reference I have read about nudity in the USVI is here: http://www.vinow.com/stjohn/beaches_stj/beach_stj2.php
That would be surprising to see! I'm glad there weren't any topless women at the beach we married on! (Might not have been a good backdrop for the wedding pics...)

Brenda - I used the search feature on the other message board, and this question has been posted there previously. According to the locals who posted on that board, thongs are okay, but the locals are rather conservative. We've only been to Magens and Sapphire on St Thomas, but visited most of the beaches on St John (where we stay). Some islands in the Caribbean are less conservative, some are more. I tend to follow local customs when in doubt since I'm a guest.

Maybe St John is more conservative? I'll have to tell hubby to keep his eyes open more this next trip! : ) But I do have to agree- there have always been lots of families when we have visited. Either way - have lots of fun!!