View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Captain

Default Re: Constellation - Scandanavia/Russia

We did the 12-day on the NCL Dream this year. I love this itinerary because the ports are so beautiful and there is so much to do; it's so easy and fabulous to go out on your own because English is widely spoken. Great itinerary but bad ship that is very run down, so I think you'll be much better off on Celebrity. Princess is doing the Scandinavia/Russia again next year too with the Grand Princess, which is also a nice ship. Be warned that NCL was unable to sail into St. Petersburg on the 4/28/2003 sailing, allegedly due to ice in the Gulf of Finland. I saw some fantastic specials on-line for Celebrity (14-night to Scandinavia/Russia for a balcony cabin for $1900 per person, including all taxes and fees) and the new RCCL ship, so e-mail me at tippor2003@yahoo.com if you want that info. We used the Frommers Scandinavia book to plan our port time, and it worked out great. We got to see so much more than we would have on shore excursions, and this is a beautiful area of the world. We've been all over Europe, and this itinerary is fantastic.