View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2000, 09:08 PM
boblick

Default RE: COZUMEL and KEY WEST

Motley>>> I am also doing this same itinerary leaving 11/20/00 on the NCL Majesty. I have been to cozumel years ago off another cruise line. Cozumel is a great place to snorkel and hit the water. We went to Chankonaab State Park the first time to snorkel and swim. I plan on being a bit more adventurous this time and go to Playa San Francisco a little further south this time. If it doesn't work out I will go directly back to the State Park as it is a known quality good time. Cab's are right at the dock and cost about $10 to get to the south beaches. State park has a entrance fee of a couple dollars. Others have suggested renting a jeep for the day for about $45.00 and drive to the other side of the island and explore the caves and rougher waters and private beaches. I may do that if we hook up with some others on the boat. I got on a chat room at www.gocozumel.com and the people were helpful and had alot of info and maps. I know nothing about Key West except jimmy buffet and sunsets! Ill learn as I go!