Thread: Cabo San Lucas
View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Cabo San Lucas

Jane

We were supposed to have gotten our cruise documents 60 days before the cruise (which would have been 7/19). When I didn't receive them I called princess and they said there were some itinerary changes and they would be sending out the documents at a later date. I asked what the changes were and they said Cabo had been dropped and Cartagena had been dropped (which we have known about for months) and that instead of going to Puntarenas in Costa Rica, we would stop at Puerto Caldera in Costa Rica (which we understnad is not very far away), also they changed the stop in Ocho Rios, Jamaica from an all day stop to a 5 hour stop. So - lots of changes. One of the rumors we heard was there was a possibility of engine problems with the ship. Nothing major, but her speed is less than normal and maybe that is why some of the changes were made. We also heard there were some "security" issues in Cabo and that was the reason for dropping that port. I'm not sure if we will every really know - but I'm okay with the changes, as this is now a 15 day cruise with basically only 4 ports - so lots of sea days which we love!

Diane