Thread: Lost Lugggage
View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2003, 09:20 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Lost Lugggage

I went on a cruise last Jan. with AIRTRANSAT...& my suitcase was torn apart when I arrived...my contact lenses were missin,my good sunglasses wer broken,my bottles of lens solution& suntan lotion had broke open & so did the plastic bag they were in so all my clothes were soiled. In Miami where we landed we had a hard time finding anyone to explain the situation to,& with our bus waitin,,,,,they finally put my suitcase in a plastic bag & told us that the form would cover the damages etc.Well I call AIRTRANSAT when I arrived home & was told to take my bag to a repair shop & it would be decided upon if it was to be replaced or not.....well that bag never flew again...I left it on the ship it was useless.....then i tried to get some compensation for the loss of my belongings etc. I have yet to this day received anything from them ....so after several e-mails etc I figured it is never gonna happen ....I have decided to just take carry-ons with everything in them from now on!!!! It is harder to pack but it can be done!!!!