Thread: Luaus
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2001, 04:17 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Luaus

We did Paradise Cove in April and I did not like it. We stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village and took a P.C. bus to the luau at 4:00 and did not get back until l0:30 or 11:00. The food was lacking but there was lots of dancing on stage. I thought the luau would be an orgy of Hawaiian food and I was very disappointed since we paid $50 each. They gave tickets for free drinks which were limited to mai tai's and blue hawaii and beer. Any other drink had a surcharge of at least $3. The drinks provided were very weak. The coffee was terrible and seconds on food did not exist. The setting is beautiful but we were captive for the entire evening. Some loved it--I, and my wife did not. The next night we ate at the buffet at one of Hilton's restaurants and the food seemed to mimic the luau, but much better quality and quanity with many more deserts than P.C. and at half the price. Find a nice restaurant in Honolulu with entertainment and I think you will be much happier. We did a cruise after Honolulu on the Infinity and I felt the only scam I suffered was the luau.

Good Luck.