View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2002, 10:28 PM
Dave P

Default Re: which cruise ship to Hawaii?

Hello...My wife and I are both 48 years old and would also highly reccomend Princess. We have also been on RCL, NCL, Celeberty and Carnival, but out of the five, we love Princess.

We were just on the Dawn Princess this past January, and are going on the Dawn Princess again to Hawaii this October 27th. The cruise is for 9-days and leaves from Honolulu and finishes in Ensenada, Mexico. We will have 5-days on the various islands and 4-days at sea. We love this type of itinerary because after doing the islands the first five days, we have 4-days at sea to just relax and enjoy the ocean and other things. Some of the itineraries have the first four or five days at sea, then the last number of days on the islands. By time you finish the last island stop, your a bit tired, then have to get ready to pack and rush to leave.

You will not be disappointed with the food on Princess. Whether you eat in the formal dining room, specialty restaruant or upstairs buffest, the food is excellent. Princess also has many cozy bar and lounge areas for some quiet times too. I guess it all depends on what both of you like and your type of personalities.

I always tell people that everyone will have a different opinion of a cruise line, their help, food, activities and so on. What we like, you may or may not like as well. We felt that all of the cruise lines except NCL were fairly equal, but in our opinion, Princess was just a bit better for our taste.

Enjoy...if you're interested, maybe I can give you a brief summary of our Hawaii cruise when we return on November 6th.

Regards,

Dave P