View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2003, 10:55 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Hilo-Volcanoes National Park of Helicopter ride?

My husband and I have done both and we've done the helicopter ride two or three times and it was the best tour I've even taken out of the almost 30 cruises we've been on. It just depends on what you like to do. We're going to Hawaii in a month on Sun Princess and they didn't offer the helicopter rides as an option in their tour choices so I was wondering if they were even doing them anymore. Someone told me that they thought they were too dangerous, although we didn't think so and we're in our mid-50's; but they are kind of expensive. It was the most exciting tour I've ever taken. I really loved the helicopter tours. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I had to get weighed and I had been eating a lot on the ship and then the pilot insulted me (not intentionally) by putting me in the middle of the helicopter (by weight) saying I was the anchor and now that's what my husband refers to me as "the anchor". It's a wonder I've stayed married 37 years, but he keeps taking me on cruises, so I have nothing to complain about.
Have a great time. HAPPY CRUISING.