View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2005, 10:20 AM
Droopy Sails

Default Re: Tahiti First Time Questions

Hmmm, I don't think it's fair to compare prices for a 7-day Radisson and a 10-day Princess. To get a real comparison, I just did a fast search on Travelocity. I'm comparing oceanviews and balconies, the only room types shown on both Princess and Radisson (Radisson doesn't show insides available right now):

Radisson 10-day, $4,580 oceanview, $6,076 balcony: Papeete, Huahine, Raiatea, Rangiroa, Bora Bora, Tahaa, Moorea, Papeete.

Princess 10-day, $1,345 oceanview, $1,695 balcony: Papeete, Huahine, Rarotonga, Raiatea, Bora Bora, Moorea, Papeete. OR another 10-day Princess itinerary for the same price: Papeete, Moorea, Nuku Hiva, Hiva Oa, Rangiroa, Raiatea, Bora Bora, Papeete.

I don't drink, and my husband doesn't drink much. I think we can pay for diving, specialty restaurants and tips and still come out ahead, given the minimum $3,000 difference between the lines.

To be fair, the only 10-day itinerary I could find on Radisson leaves Dec. 28, which may account for the huge price. But if you look at a 7-day standard Radisson, which is still 3 days less than a standard 10-day Princess itinerary, you're still at $2,303 oceanview, $3,809 balcony for Radisson. Ports are Papeete, Raiatea, Tahaa, Bora Bora, Moorea, Papeete. I think I can skip one port, Tahaa, and instead see two other ports--Huahine/Rarotonga or Nuku Hiva/Hiva Oa--plus have an extra sea day to save $1,000-2,100.

Agree that ships are the most economical way to see the islands, though. During my research, I've been astounded at the land-based prices in French Polynesia! Ouch!