View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2001, 11:16 AM
Tim Rubacky

Default Re: Embarrasing Experiences?

OK...I'll bite.

I always leave the bathroom light on at night to let some light into the cabin at night. Well, one night I must have forgotten to turn it on. So when I get up in the middle of the night, I naurally stumbled to and through the door with the light coming from underneath it.

Well, at 415 AM, there I am, in the corridor in my underwear, 1/2 blind without my glasses and no way to get back into my cabin!

Luckily, I was startled to life by all that bright light and was not far from a stairway leading to the pool deck where I managed to scrounge up a towel. Oddly enough, when I passed a deck hand, he didnt seem to think it odd at all that a man just ran past him on the stairs in his underwear.

Once I had my towel, I located a house phone and managed to get someone to come let me back in to my cabin. When the cabin attendant came to let me in, he naturally thought I must have been up on deck or in the pool as I was clad in a bath towel and asked me "did you happen to see a man running around in his underwear?" He never put 2 and 2 together, I simply blushed and said "no", thanked him and handed him $5 for his trouble.

For the rest of the cruise, the phantom "streaker" was the talk of the ship.

Tim Rubacky
Consumer Affairs Editor