View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2002, 03:26 PM
HannaS77

Default Re: Dawn Princess Hawaii--Tahiti--5 sea days not what we sig

The contract for the cruise is the passenger ticket. Princess passenger ticket, item 8. "RIGHT TO DEVIATE FROM ROUTE AND CHANGE OR OMIT PORTS OF CALL. Carrier may, for any reason, without notice or liability for payment or compensationa) deviate from the scheduled ports of call, route and timetable,(b) proceed without pilots, tow or be towed and assist vessel, (c) reender assistance to preserve life and property. Accordingly, You should not make any important arrangements or meetings based on the proposed itinerary of the cruise, which may change without liability to Carrier."

Item 7 Covers RIGHT TO CANCEL, CHANGE TIME OF SAILING OR PORT, SHORTEN CRUISE, SUBSTITUTION.

Looking at a 2002 Princess brochure you are admonished to read the passenger ticket. In the copy I am reaing there is no reference in the vey tiny print entitled "General; Information" to the above itemsi
We have cruised more with Princess than any other cruise line and only twice were we affected by cruise changes. The first was when the Island Princess, while off the coast of Mexico went out of it's way to remove an injured seaman from a coal barge at sea. This caused us to miss a port of call. Then several years later there was a Hurricane off the Coast of Mexico that damaged the next port of call, Matazalan so badly the ship by-passed it.

In neither incident I do not recall receiving anything from Princess except apology from the Captain. I am not a lawyer and cannot give you legal advice. You may be lucky if you get a small refund or ship board credit if enough passengers make a "stink". You may have some bargainig chips if you never have received the passenger ticket which represents your contract for the voyage.

Please no reply.