View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Wasn't it magic?

It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one.

Mike wrote:
(before first cruise)
"I believed that all you would do is eat, lay in the sun and be part of a "herd".
(after first cruise)
"I had never experienced this feeling before. All worries, issues and pressures were gone. It was "Heaven".

This was similar to my experience. I was play hard-to-get to the lure of cruising. Even the Love Boat left me cold. Never, I said, never will you catch me on one of those huge monsters. I was on the beach, relaxing after a day of diving in Grand Cayman, listening to the beast blow it's mighty horn and watching the mass of humanity flood back to her like zombies. NOT for me I flatly stated.

The next year, my husband was awarded a FREE cruise through his business. It was a 3 day out of San Juan on the Nordic Empress, with a 2 day pre-cruise. Now, seeing as I love to travel, of course I pulled out the suitcase. After all, it was a freebie, surely a short cruise wouldn't be that hard to handle. The second day on the ship, my husband said, "Next time we're doing this for a week". I could only nod up and down vigorously as I enjoying yet another delicious mouthfull of food. Sure we visited different ports during the same trip, and you could still dive in those gorgeous blue waters, but it was the SHIP that I fell in love with. And boy did I fall hard.

That was 6 years ago and my heart still flutters over a stomach full of butterflies every time I step on a ship. Which is 7 times now. I'm like a junkie. I crave that feeling. And I could use a fix....now.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?