View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2002, 09:41 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Wasn't it magic?

Last year in Nov. we were approaching our 35th anniv. (12/26) and hubby decided it would be nice to go somewhere to celebrate. (He's the one that surprised me with a trip to Hawaii for our 20th.) I called my step-sis, our TA, and asked her about all-inclusive resorts vs cruises. She said the best deals were cruises and set us up with a Jan. 12-19 cruise to the E. Carib on EOS. I hadn't discovered this website yet, so had no real idea what to expect. What a wonderful week it was!! Next month we are going again on EOS to the W. Carib. Next time another Voyager-class to S. Carib. Someday to Alaska and on and on..... I'd love to more than one a year..we'll see.
I remember walking up to the ship before boarding and we both were starry-eyed with dropped jaws. It's sooo big! And inside sooooo gorgeous! We felt like movie stars or jet setters, not suburban middle-agers from the mid-west. The staff treated us and everyone else like royalty, the warm weather made us feel like we were on another planet, and it was really hard to go home to reality. But it's coming again in 31 days and I can't wait.