View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Happy Camper

Default Re: Wasn't it magic?

I watched Love Boat too and dreamed of all the far off places - I so wanted to travel and the Love Boat seemed so romantic - girl thing... Well I met and married a guy who loved boats and had no money. We had a justice of the peace marriage with no money for a honeymoon so we saved all year and the next he said he'd buy me a big ring or take me on a honeymoon - I said Honeymoon (love travel and not much on jewelry) so he said how about a "Big Boat" so we finally found a travel agent in 1991 that would talk to us because we were in shorts and young they thought we didn't have enough money and finally one took us seriously and we booked a 5 night cruise to the Bahamas on the then new RCL Nordic Empress. It was incredible! You cold hear a pin drop in the bus when we all caught sight of the ship for the first time. It was about $1800 with air for two in an outside cabin. It is a little more than half that price now but you were right and back then it was so much more expensive. We looked to the back of the catalog at the 7 nighters and dreamed that one day we could afford it. It was so worth every penny and I'm glad we started when we did - it was more elegant and the food was incredible - it has changed as the price has come down but something must give and I love the cheaper prices. I looked at pictures from ten years ago and saw our fridgerator in the background with 3 magnets on it. Now you can't se my fridge for all the magnets! It's been 15 cruises and can't wait till we book our next one! Debbie