Thread: CCL tops RCCL
View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2003, 10:14 PM
aberfoyle

Default CCL tops RCCL

Hey everyone, just got off the Voyager of the Seas and had to let you know that I prefer Carnival.

I had been on 4 CCL cruises before trying the competition but will return to CCL.

Food especially at lunch was way better on CCL. The RCCL burgers were tasteless and they offered no carved meats at lunch! The dinners were better on CCL only usually 1 entree was tempting on RCCL vs. at least 2 on Carnival. Soda cards cost $41!! They lost our luggage until 1am and then the leg had broken off one of them. The cabins were SMALLER. The staff on RCCL were very professional (meaning they hardly ever smiled and took no personal interest in the passengers) Yes, they were like robots.

The passengers on RCCL were OLDER. I cannot believe that out of over 3,200 passengers on board there was not one single woman under 30 onboard! Do not go on RCCL if you are single and under 35!!! I also found that a lot of Europeans were on board. Found them to be rude. On the shark city excursion we left our towels on our seats, came back on board and these Italians are using our towels to dry themselves off!!

The only area where RCCL has CCL beaten is in the activites on board. THey have the ice skating, the rock climbing, basketball, mini putt etc and the pools are larger. However, I found you always had to rush around to use these especially if you were in port that day.

Overall, I am glad I had the chance to experience Royal Caribbean because now I appreciate Carnival that much more.
Sponsored Links