View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2003, 02:38 PM
AR

Default Re: Re: Thanks to the Brits.

CP--

Nice to read your views. I believe you are wrong in so many ways that I can't even count them, and this is certainly not the place to try. In my case at least, what I believe has absolutely nothing to do with partisan politics.

I'm sure you are right that most in the military support the cause. That is very natural in any volunteer fighting force. In saying that the Brits do not support the cause, I was speaking of the country as a whole, where the latest polls I saw said that the war has a 19% support level. We can agree that the number is much higher in the military itself. And, the overall number will probably rise a bit as hostilities ramp up, because the very natural emotional support for the troops is sometimes communicated as support for the cause.

But fundamentally the world is against the effort, and in my view it should be. I'd love to debate you about it, but as I say, this isn't the place. I'm just glad you agree that we cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.

This is the place to hope that the Americans, the Brits and the Aussies come home safely and soon, and that the innocents of Iraq are spared. I hope your husband is not in harm's way.

AR