View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Friday the 13th.......

Well, my wedding day is December 13, so I guess that should tell you that we are not superstitious! Actually, my great-grandparents' wedding date was also on December 13 and they were married I don't know how long, but it was many decades and lasted until one of them died. So we have nothing to worry about.

My parents also have a black cat, so there is no way to avoid crossing his path. Nothing terrible has happened to my family since they've had him, but the poor cat has been neutered and declawed... that's unlucky!

Steve, perhaps that statistic is caused because a high percentage of people whistle on planes? I don't know that that's true, but if it is, it would be inevitable that whistling would come before a crash. Just a guess. BTW, I saw "Blood Brothers" in London. It was OK. I had never heard about the superstition about shoes on the table before that.

Desert Orchid - I sat on my future-sister-in-law's hospital bed right after she had her second baby. That was in December, and I can safely say that that superstition is groundless!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium