View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique
Default Re: POLL- Why do you CHOOSE a Cruise over a land Vacation

As a single woman, cruising affords me the opportunity to see places I would never otherwise see. How would I get to the Panama Canal? Go to Panama City, rent a car and drive to the Canal? Not this kid! How else would I experience the wonders of South America and see places like Caracas, Cartegena, Rio and Buenas Aires? Can't picture myself spending a week alone in any of these places but sure am thankful I've been to all of them.

There's also the safety factor. Being on a cruise ship I feel secure and the ship becomes my "home". No worrying about driving, "am I in a bad neighborhood?", having perhaps a bit too much champagne in a lounge and worrying about getting home safely - just wander back to my cabin.

And the serenity, peace and wonder of being at sea cannot be duplicated anywhere on I-75 or I-95.

We are all so very fortunate to be able to cruise and I for one will never become blase - as excited about my 21st cruise on October 26th as I was on my first one! There's not much else that can cure a bad day as ticking off another day on the calendar when the countdown is on!