View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default If you build it...they will come !

Well, another thing that I just found to make me grin is reruns of Miami Vice..I can almost say line for line from this show...in its heyday, with then reruns, I could watch it 3 times a day......Since I adore architecture, and art deco,South Beach called my name.....I was fortunate in the mid 80's, before it became *THE* place to be, to see these hotels, these gems, waiting to be restored...We toured the apartment building that became the addition of Gianni Vercace's home..the archway around his door, was the archway into the apartment courtyard...That place in the 50's must have been hoppin. Also. from Miami Vice, was the then, Suntrust Tower, I believe..that lit up wedding cake of a building which I loved...The firest time down there, not knowing where in the heck we were going..like a beacon, we ended up right there....I still have great shots of it...The Arquiteconica building on Brickel Ave..The one with the hole in it, is another fave..although we couldn't seem to get there... I collect old postcards of the Miami Beach Hotels...some were so fabulous..they also had hotels all along the ocean side as well....The rates were like $25.00 a month.....oy vey....Sooooo, do you have a favorite piece of architecture somewhere that you love...A part of your city thats amazing?
Sponsored Links