View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: US Immigration -MIAMI airport

2 years ago I encountered similar problems at the port of Miami. I have been living in the USA for over 20 years and have a permanant green card. When we existed the ship the immigration guy was rude and very unfriendly. He continue to argue with me and kept asking me why I haven't become a american citizen considering I have been living here for so long. Not that was any of his business! Plus he tried to tell me my green card expired and told me the laws had changed due to 9-11. I tried to explain to him my card was different and there are different types of cards. And never mind I have traveled many times overseas with this card and never encountered any problems. He was about to take my card! Finally he let me and my card go....I did call Immigrations and they confirmed what we knew all along. Bottom line: The guy was full of it and did not have a clue what he was doing! Since then I have been to Germany and did not have problems with my card. Sometimes I do wonder who these people are at the ports....