Thread: Chankanaab Park
View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2004, 07:01 PM
elationismyship

Default Re: Chankanaab Park

Yes, I booked the dolphin excursion outside of the boat at www.dolphindiscovery.com and it's a better price. They even have package deals which are not on the internet. If you just want to get to a beach I highly recommend the Chanakaab Park - it's wonderful. Has a lagoon which is perfect for kids or just relaxing without waves, etc. If you swim out about 20 yards they have a platform so you can swim out and then lay on the floating platform. They have beach chairs and also you can rent snorkle gear there also and it's only about $5.00, way less than on the boat. Or do like we do and bring our own cause you can pick up a decent set at Walgreens or CVS. It's a fablous park, easy to snorkle off the beach. All other snorkle cruise/excursions off the ship take you out on a boat and then you jump in - easy to swallow salt water, etc. if you're not really experienced. There is a small shopping area, a resturant, a sea lion show you can pay to go to - like $5.00/per person. Has locker rooms and shower facilities. This is my favorite beach in Cozumel, if you couldn't tell. :-)