Thread: Flu Shots
View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Flu Shots

Judy,
I have a chronic auto immune disease, and I have been told by my doctor that it is imperative that I get the flu shot every year, and I have always gotten it in her office. Well, our insurance changed this year and I had to find a new doctor. When I was at the new doctor's office on September 30, before the announcement about the dearth of vaccine available, I asked to get my shot. I was chagrined to be told that her office does not give them. I was told to contact the Maricopa Country Health Department to find out about clinics being held in my area. I called the next day and was given an appointment at a Walgreen's near my house, with an e-mail reminder promised for a couple of days before the clinic. That weekend is when all hell broke loose. Within 48 hours I received an e-mail stating that all clinics had been cancelled, and that they had NO information on where or when the shots would be available. Since then, I have only been able to find out about one clinic at a Costco near here, but you have to be a member to receive the shot, and I am not. So... there it is. Apparently, no shot for me this year. Hopefully I'll stay healthy anyway. Who would have ever thought that it could come to this?