View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2005, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default The Blizzard of 78

While it snows like the devil outside, it sure brings back memories of that terrible snowstorm we had in the northeast...In the Boston area, people an cars were buried for many ,many miles on rte 128, a MAJOR highway ! My daughter Nikki, was 5 months old, and I needed to walk to the store to get Pampers My door blew in, it would not stay shut, I lost my heat. With 3 small kids, it was frustrating..It took Bruce hrs. to get home from Boston..
The area also had major high tides, flooding and thunder, all at the same time.The National Guard,were the only ones allowed out, other than emergency vehicles..special passes were needed for others.Once the stores opened the super markets were deluged..sleds were used to get groceries home..This went on for about 4 days or so..The one thing that everyone remembers about this, the willingness of neighbor to help neighbor..once we got down to the pavement, it was gone..For a brief moment though, it sure felt good..Where were you during the Blizzard of 78?

Post Edited (01-23-05 14:59)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links