View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Diets, Diets , Diets.......

I'm on a special diet right now, doctor's orders. So for about two months, I can have no sugar, alcohol, wheat, corn, peanuts, milk, or fruit except lemons and limes. I'm basically eating meat and vegetables. One meal per day I'll let myself eat some whole grains. I've lost 8 pounds in the past few weeks, without exercising, and would like to lose 5 - 10 more.

I've found that if I eat six small meals throughout the day instead of three large ones, I can keep my portions down and not feel hungry all the time.

This is a typical day's meals for me:

7:00 a.m. - protein shake made with sugar-free protein powder, soymilk, and a no-calorie herbal sweetener called stevia
10:00 a.m. - 1 oz. almonds
12:30 p.m. - lunch, usually leftovers; fish and vegetables, or chicken soup, etc.
2:30 p.m. - 1 oz. almonds
4:30 p.m. - 8 oz. plain yogurt, sweetened with stevia
7:00 p.m. - dinner, lots of vegetables and a little meat, and maybe a little brown rice or quinoa or other whole grain.

I also make sure to drink lots of no-calorie beverages. Water with a lemon or lime slice, club soda with lime, and herbal tea.

I do miss my sweets, and eating out is especially challenging since there are so many temptations, but so far I've been very, very good. The fact that I'm doing it for medical reasons and not to lose weight (although the weight loss is a nice side effect) helps me stick to it.

Cheers,
Michelle P.