View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: The Name Game !!

I was named for my grandmothers. My maternal grandmother was Laura Mabel and my paternal grandmother was Elizabetta. So I am Laura Elizabeth. I love my name now but not always. As a young girl I wanted to be Linda. Back in the 60's the Lindas seemed to be the popular girls, the girls in the "in crowd" I wanted to be one of them. My sister Mary Ann was simply a name that my mother loved, she was not named for anyone. My brother Thomas William was sort of named for my father and my grandfather. My father coming from an Italian family was Tulio. My mothers family for some unknown reason always called him Tom. I have no idea why as everyone else always called him Tulie. My grandfather was Waldo but his brother was William. Unable to name her son Tulio Waldo he became Thomas William.

Laura

Post Edited (07-16-05 02:59)
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain