View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: The Name Game !!

My first name comes from my aunt. My middle name, I never use. Stopped using it about 6th grade. I kept getting made fun of in school. I hate it. Had I received my aunts middle name, my initials would have spelled CAD (which in England DOES NOT mean computer aided designed). So I got a middle name that would not give me a name if you use the initials. Anytime I was forced to use my middle name, (Drivers license, military, etc) I used it, but if I didn't have to, I wouldn't or I would put "no middle name". I got tired of it. Even today the name is used in an ugly way. In England it is a whole different and nice meaning. Here, it is not. When I got married, I dropped it and used my maiden name. As an adult, I have never used my middle name again. I would have liked it to be Lynn, but they were concerned I would be called Carolyn. My first name is Carole, Not Carolyn or any of form of the name. I like my first name, never really thought about another name to be called. If I ever was Forced to use my middle name again, I believe I would get it legally changed or removed. Many of my friends don't even know what it is.