View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default They DID Make us Leave the Ship:(

Well, today,Cheryl, her daughter Lynn, and myself, headed into Boston, on a muggy day. With Cheryl at the wheel, amd Lynn, doing the directing, we got to the Radisson, Seven Seas Navigator,with time to spare.The ship was late getting in, and since this was the first American port,they reached after a 56 day cruise, Customs was the word of the day.

Once aboard, we went directly, to the theater, quite smaller, than what I am used to...very tastefullly furnished,and then we were broken into, managable small groups, and, started our tour. For cruisers used to vast spaces, you may find yourself a bit claustraphobic, with low ceilings. This ship is atrium free, and especially in the center of the ship, near the pursers area etc, I found it, especially close..

This ship carries 490 passengers, is an all suite design, so the space raitio, should be wonderful.Also the crew to passenger, ratio, 2 to 1 would make for excellent service.

A small section of the buffet dining area, is set aside for the specialty restaurant, it was lovely, and there is no additional charge to dine here. And in the main dining room, a light, and area space, it's all open seating

The pool area, was just that..nothing spectacular. The pool was closed for service, so passengers staying onboard today, could not use it.

We had a lovely lunch in the main dining room, our host fom the agency, Gervasio, a lovely man, dined with us. I was brave, and tried the Chilean Sea Bass,and I must say it was delish. A consumme, and a nice desert and sweet tray, plus wine. rounded out out lunch.

Due to the fact this ship was filled to the brim, no staterooms, were available for viewing..DRAT ! I must say, that I am so used to larger ships, that I would probably not book this ship, but it was very elegantly appointed, and the service shown to us was wonderful. All in all, it was a wonderful day, touring a ship, and meeting a very nice Cruisemate, Cherl,and her lovely daughter,Lynn..I could do it all again tomorrow

Post Edited (08-09-05 18:36)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links