View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2004, 09:39 PM
theonemermaid

Default Re: Fraternization Policy

After reading many of everyones comments, I was starting to get cold feet... Thank god for higher powers....
First of all, I am not young and naive... I am a 37 year old divorced mother and a business professional...
I happened to meet someone who touched my heart and my life in many ways... I was never looking for anything in the future but IF it happened I would consider it a blessing... As I said from the start, a day at a time, can any of us tell what the future holds?
I can imagine there are some "rapes" or unconsented sexual advances on board and I am sure many broken hearts and empty promises as well but there are real people out there with real feelings that do want more than the next passenger coming on board....
As I already stated, I started getting cold feet and having second thoughts... 3 weeks ago I sent an e-mail telling him I was not coming on my cruise but I would always like to remain friends... I had not heard back from him and figured maybe what everyone was saying was true... Apparently everything really does happen for a reason and some thing really may be meant to be.... I never planned on hearing from him again much less seeing him....
I stopped to get coffee on my way to work this morning when my cell phone rang... The LAST person I ever expected to hear from was on the phone telling me he loves me and misses me and cant wait to see me in 2 weeks... I freaked out and spilled my coffee everywhere... I tried to explain that I sent an e-mail telling him I was not coming... To make a long story short, he never received it (where in cyber space it is, who knows) He has been with out sattelite service on the ship due to the storms and hurricanes and unable to send or receive e-mail for a couple weeks... After I told him I could not come, that I already got my hours off, re -established at work, he was heart broken... After several more calls and text messages during the day he finally told me love is always possible... find a way! After talking to my manager who was able to pull some strings for me, I was able to get my original planned days off, off once again... I can not imagine that everything would fall into place at the last minute and that it would mean so much to either of us if someone upstairs was not looking out for us.... After several confusing thoughts this morning and a talking with a friend and my mother, the general consensus was I am not getting married, I am going on vacation. That I should go and have fun and if things do not work out we can end it... And as my friend told me "Don't be afraid of what might happen, be afraid of what might NOT happen, take a chance on love and take a chance on life, don't give up or you will never know!" I am once again going on my cruise not expecting more than a vacation... Who knows what the future holds IF ANYTHING but how many people are given a second chance??? I am counting my blessings... I never meant to start a round robin discussion on the how's, why's or why nots things happen only that they do happen... With that being said, when it does happen, follow your heart, just don't lose it....
Cheers!
theonemermaid