View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2004, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave
Default Re: Re: Info on Youth Staff

While not on staff, I have taken my kids on the Sovereign and the Enchantment. Booked for the Sovereign again in May. When on the Enchantment last May there was a girl on the youth staff that had been on the Sovereign the previous May and remembered my boys. I think you guys do a great job! I do not know what goes on behind the scenes but everyone seemed to enjoy their job from what I could see. My kids always want to stay for late night party zone until 1AM. When we pay cash for that, do you guys get to split that up? What about tipping? Is it customary, expected, appreciated? Last time on the Enchantment the last night, I picked my kids up at 1AM forgot to bring money and said I would be right back. When I came back a few minutes later the doors were locked. I left an envelope at the pursers desk with the $30 for the two kids and $20 extra as a tip. I wrote in the note to the girls to please email me to let me know they got it. I wanted to be sure they did but never heard anything. I didn't want them to think I stiffed them for that last night. How can I be sure they got the money? Would the pursers desk been sure to get it the youth staff??

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10