View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2001, 11:38 PM
Rcrossan

Default Re: partically disabled

My husband and I cruised on the Paradise in late May. I usually push my husband (as a result of a stroke) in a wheelchair on all cruises on big ships. But we found we could get around the Paradise fairly well with him just using his cane. Our cabin was handicapped accessible just outside the main lobby--a little noisy at times, but very convenient to all elevators to restaurant, theater, library, etc. In the restaurant we had a table very near the entrance.

The only real problem we had on this cruise was the many children running around unattended all the time, day and late at night. I was really afraid he would get knocked down at times and when I complained to the purser's office about the problem and also the noise they made at night outside our cabin, we were told they paid the same amount as we did and they couldn't tell them what to do! One night we called security.

But we didn't expect a lot of kids at the end of May. Maybe you won't have them in September.

Have fun. The food and service in the restaurant was wonderful, the cabin spacious, and the ship is in very good condition.