View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Shore excursions with Royal Caribbean

I didn't find Royal Caribbean helpful at all in suggesting shore excursions. We are on the Rhapsody in October with stops in Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. I realize that aside from Key West, these ports are outside that US and not required by any laws to accomodate passengers with disabilites. We were told that the Conch Train in Key West has a special car with a lift that we can request. It is the only ship sponsored excursion available for wheelchair users. For the other two stops, we were told to either arrange our own excursions or stay on the ship.

Maybe this is just a peeve of mine, but it would be really nice if the cruise lines could offer even 1 excursion in each port that is designed for people in wheelchairs. Usually there are two or more ships that arrive in port at approximately the same time. They could have one excursion for passengers on all the ships to make it more cost effective. It seems that people in wheelchairs are being drawn to cruises because of the convenience of seeing several places but finding out that there isn't much they can do onshore.

Rhapsody of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas