Thread: Oceania No
View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Oceania No

I cruised on Renaissance to Med before bankruptcy with a manual chair and alone. The gal doing the tours was from Evergreen, Colorado and on one of the tours, one of the girls from gift shop came alone. Except for a 'pit' stop, it was mostly a riding tour; as were several others I took. I manage bus steps as well as others and try not to delay the trip.
I'm not paralized from waist down, just 'neck-up'.! The handicap rooms on the Insignia are inside rooms on Deck 4 next to medical center. I prefer the standard stateroom with veranda. I met many wonderful people on the cruises, but many also had 'age-related' health problems.
I found the handicap rooms on Princess Sun to be overkill for my needs.
As replacement parts for worn out knees, hips, shoulders, hearts, etc . become the norm for retirees, more will be travelling. AS the teens would say ' Get Used to It'
I kinda thought the s ame fellows were running Oceania that ran Renaissance. Too bad about the investors!
The ships are a very nice size and layout. Lots of room for improvement, especially in food service.

Post Edited (01-10-05 01:15)