View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to jennincincy
Default Re: Re: Stop ABs booking disabled cabins

I use a wheelchair all the time. I am not able to walk AT ALL. Now, with that said, I didn't have to produce ANY documentation for either of the 2 cruises I've taken (one on Celebrity and one on RCC). I suppose it could be that I went through a TA and it's obvious I'm disabled and perhaps this particular TA has a good rep with the cuiselines. I don't know, all I DO know is I've never had a problem attaining a HA room. One time, however, we wanted to take a cruise, but all the HA rooms were taken. So, I agree with the earlier statements that they need more cabins with HA. One thing I would like is to be able to access a larger suite! The largest suite you can get is the Jr. Suite on Mariner with RCC. I saw some of the larger suites as I drove by the rooms and they have all sorts of amenities that I would like access too. Yes, it would cost more, but it seems to me if I'm willing to pay the extra price, I should be able to have access to the room. All it would require is that they make the bathroom HA. The rooms themselves are big enough to begin with! My big question is this.... why don't they just make ALL the rooms HA? Think about it. In about 10 - 15 years from now, the US population will consist of more elderly people than ever. Many of these senior citizens will needs HA rooms. In addition, handrails should be standard in ANY ship bathroom, as those things can rock a lot, and on a wet floor..... you might just end up on your butt! I don't personally require a handrail, but I still think it's a good idea. If I owned a cruise line, I would built the next ship with HA rooms for everyone. Admittedly, not everyone needs it, but hey, then there wouldn't be a shortage, documentation wouldn't be necessary (which, in the US requiring documentation is actually going against HIPPA....something that hasn't been mentioned at all!) and everyone would be happy! I think it's a great idea... now, who wants to give me the money to start my own cruise line??? HEHEHE!