View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Re: Read our Editorial on Cruise Ship Entertainment

Interesting you should say that about hiring Broadway talent to create a show:

Holland America just announced Tommy Tune would produce and original show for its ships:

For Immediate Release

TOMMY TUNE CREATES "PAPARAZZI" MUSICAL FOR HOLLAND AMERICA

Seattle, June 4, 2003 - For the first time ever, nine-time Tony award- winning director, choreographer, dancer, and singer Tommy Tune has created an original production spectacular specifically for a cruise ship. Holland America is proud to present "Tommy Tune's 'Paparazzi'", a musical extravaganza debuting onboard the newly introduced ms Oosterdam in August 2003 and the ms Westerdam in April 2004.

"We are thrilled to have a creative talent like Tommy Tune creating a show exclusively for Holland America," said David A. Giersdorf, senior vice president, marketing and sales. "'Tommy Tune's 'Paparazzi' is another example of Holland America's commitment to providing the best cruise value, in every aspect, for our guests."

"Tommy Tune's 'Paparazzi'" is a multi-million dollar production that pays homage to our fascination with celebrities and the photographers who chase them. Tune, who appears on film in the show, leads a cast of 14, performing two shows per sailing. The show features one of the most elaborate video systems installed on a cruise ship. In this timeless show, Tune has included a variety of music styles from every decade; from ragtime to rock and roll and movie music, big band and even 80s pop.

Tommy Tune, dancer, singer, choreographer and director, is the winner of nine Tony Awards, and the only person in theatrical history to win in four different categories and to win the same two Tony awards two years in a row. His performances have also garnered eight Drama Desk Awards, two Obie Awards, Dance Magazine's Award for Lifetime Achievement and many others. He has performed for three U.S. presidents, the Queen of England and the Royal Family of Monaco.