View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Cathy B

Default Re: Read our Editorial on Cruise Ship Entertainment

I loved your article! Its says everything I have been thinking for ever! (okay, for the six cruises we have been on...) We are in our forties and are really sick of these "review" things...I have wondered myself why they could not hire some talent that may be past their "glory" days but still viable as true entertainment. I wonder what would happen if cruise lines charged $25.00 a head for a "headliner" show on board...people could pick or choose not to go. That way, perhaps we could improve some of this dreck. They already do for "better meals".....Or, raise the cost of a cruise ticket a couple bucks to pay for improved entertainment but then market the heck out of it. I think a lot of people would respond!

When we were on Princess for two different cruises, we saw two of the funniest comedians I have ever seen. (We went back twice to see one of them...and I am tough to make laugh.) When we stayed at the Atlantis Resort, we paid $15.00 for a show with a really funny female comic from Texas...(sorry I can't remember these people's names).

I had even thought of that group that does imitations of the Beatles, and the other day I saw that they HAVE in fact appeared on one of the cruise ships. How about the type of talent that does shows like "Legends In Concert" in Las Vegas? They are talented, sing in their own voices and get the crowd clapping and up having a good time.

I don't think a cruise line can be all things to all people but I think they make a huge mistake by catering to the lowest common denominator. Some things will be more appropriate perhaps for some ages than others...that's okay, just give people a choice. I sat through the Lawrence Welk show once with my folks, I don't want to see it continually replayed on the high seas!

Hope you will pass this thread one to someone with some vision in the industry...

Cathy B