View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Read our Editorial on Cruise Ship Entertainment

Hi, I worked as a talent agent for 10 years or so, it has been my observation that the shows' quality is getting more and more mediocre. Could this be because the cruise lines prices are getting lower and lower? I remember not 7 years ago being "blown away" by a big production show on a Princess ship. The last two cruises big shows have been AWFUL (Celebrity and RCI)---off key singers, amateur dancing, horrible costumes, etc. I personally think instead of needing more variety of entertainment, we just need BETTER entertainment. I don't mind "been there-done that" tribute to Broadway show--if the QUALITY is there--not just in the talent but also in the production (sound, lights, effects). There are thousands of young very talented artists out there, the lines need to be more selective in their audition process.
Just for the record, I'm 50 years old, and I would also like to see more entertainment targeting people in their 30s,40s,50s. We saw the Platters on the last one--first of all, you need to be 55+ just to remember them, and then they were awful, due to the only remaining original member who was an elderly drunken fool that couldn't carry a tune in a basket!! Would like to see more rock groups, and especially after 10 cruises, would LOVE a good rock n roll party dance band (playing music from the 70s to current), not just a group of musicians who are so "versitile" that they never really excel in any one genre. Thanks, Paul.