View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2004, 04:06 AM
P

Default Re: Read our Editorial on Cruise Ship Entertainment

As I sit here at my computer, I have an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. For the past few days I have been searching the internet for any information I can find about cruise ship entertainment - eagerly - that is until today. You see, I have an audition for the cruise ships next week in London and do not know what to expect.

I graduated from one of the best accredited drama schools in England last year. I trained in musical theatre, on a full scholarship, for three years. I have an agent who has beeen great. I have only had private auditions for West End shows and UK tours and have had many recalls. In fact, I have got down to the final rounds on many occasions.

However, I now find myself out of work, having not been on a stage for a whole year. You can guess I am crawling the walls! I am one of these people that lives to perform - it is my life. Therefore entertaining on a cruise ship sounds fantastic to me - not only do I get to do what I love, I get to see some of the world too!

That is until now. Is there such a low standard on cruise ships? I have already been told that " it is looked down upon in the industry" so I should not go to the audition!
As a performer I do not understand this heirarchy in the business. Surely we all have to start somewhere and I would like to think that working on a cruise ship as opposed to working as a waitress would be much better! HELP!!!!!!!