View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2000, 12:26 PM
Passenger

Default RE: Kids' behavior on board

My husband and I usuall take our vacation during the Holiday Season. We were on the Visions of the Seas last Christmas 12/17 to 12/27/99. We had a boat load of children and we had the worst vacation we ever had. The Captain, Cruise Director did not handle our problems at all. We had to write letters to the Cruise Director to try and get some order out of this cruise. The children ranging in age from 6 months to late teenagers. The children had taken over the control of the ship. There parents did not nothing to help the situation, the crew was never around when you need them. There was food fights, yelling, jumping, running down the hallways late at night banging on passengers doors, spilling drinks on passengers, etc. They took over the pool as well as the Whirlpool areas and nothing was done for 5 days until finally we got security on the pool deck. I called this my cruise from hell. I know it was the holidays but we were on other ships with children during the holiday period and this was the first time that the cruise line did nothing until the passengers made complaints. When we got home I wrote a letter of complaint and they sent us a 1/2 off coupon for our next cruise. DO YOU THINK WE WILL TRAVEL WITH THEM AGAIN THINK AGAIN!!