View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2001, 08:55 PM
Passenger

Default Another infant question.....

I've researched the archives here and have learned a bit about which lines offer private babysitting in the rooms. I just wanted to confirm that Carnival, RCCL and Princess do not. Is this true? If so, can you give me some advice about how well an infant can sleep in this group babysitting situation in the evenings? My daughter will be 11 months old when we are contemplating this cruise and she is a very regulated sleeper. Life is not good if she is not in bed by 7:30 p.m. I cannot imagine how I could take her to a group babysitting situation and have her fall asleep and then come back and pick her up and take her back to the cabin several hours later. If you've done this before with a baby of a similar age, how well did they fall asleep in the group room with all of the activity?

I would think that some crew members would welcome the opportunity to make some extra money for in cabin babysitting. Why is this so hard to find? Is it a liability issue?

Also, I am still in the very tentative stages of planning this trip and have not researched any pricing with anyone. Is it commonplace to pay the usual 3rd person charge for someone under one year old? Do most people bring similarly aged babies to dinner?

My husband is all for going this soon with her but I am the one who is nervous. We have not been on a cruise in over a year and are going through some major withdrawals. There is no family to leave her with, but I cannot imagine not taking another cruise until she is 2 or 3 and can participate in the children's programs. I guess I'm just looking for some assurance from some been there done that people telling me that we will be able to relax and enjoy ourselves. I know cruising will never be the same and we will have to forego a lot of our activities, but I'm hoping that we can figure out how to take her this early and still have a relaxing vacation. Sorry to ramble, thanks for your advice.
Sponsored Links