View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Help! 10:30 pm lifeboat drill with baby!

Hi,

I sympathize. I have a 21 month old. We just got back from our 2nd cruise and she did better this time with the drill. We brought her pacifier, juice and let her pick which toy to bring to keep her occupied.

Since the drill is at 10:30 PM you might ask if you can do a "make up" drill at a different time. On the ship that we were on some people missed the drill (due to their planes getting in late) and they had they make it up the next day. I believe it is a requirement that all passengers do the drill.

I highly recommend bringing a fold up stroller. I bought onewhich was sturdier than the cheap $20.00 umbrella ones but not as big as my car seat combo one. BabiesRUS has a nice selection. I used it on both cruises and it was a life saver. We used it on the shore excursions and sometimes just to walk around the ship with her. Maybe if they force you to do the drill you could put her to sleep in the stroller and wheel her up to the drill. Just a thought.

Oh one other tip...in the dining rooms, try to find a corner table. We found that was best especially when we were in the more formal resturants. My DH and I would "corner" her by putting her in chair between us. This worked out great because if she got out of her chair she just sat on the floor and didn't disturb other (well not too much...!).

Have a great trip. I hope this helps!

Rose, Guy and Ariana