View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Hune

Default Help!!! Rate Decrease

I booked my cruise through Dynamic Travel (www.dynamictravel.com) because they gave me the best rate for Airline Employees (Interline discount). I paid $228.21 for a 4A category guarantee on the Carnival Fascination departing next month. BUT!!! I called back today, after reading the posts on this board about checking back with the TA to see if the rates decrease, and now the rate for me is $208.21. I didn't speak to the TA that I was dealing with but the person I did speak with told me that once you book they do not offer any rebates etc. if the rate changes. I wanted some input from you all on whether I should fight this. I wanted some insights to better prepare me before I phone the TA that I had dealt with (ammunition if you will). Can I make them give me the lower rate? I don't think you can cancel and then rebook without a penalty can you? Saving every penny counts so I don't just want to let this go. If they refuse to give me the discount, should I ask for a greater upgrade? My boyfriend's birthday is on that day so I am expecting (hoping) the upgrade fairy will be genorous as it is. Also, the departure date is Nov. 15th (I only booked a couple of days ago) will it decrease even further? Should I wait until it decreases more before I call my TA? Or will the price rise again and I should call her now?

Please respond ASAP,

sincerely, Frantic (Hune)

P.S. I tried the TA's in the bargain finder here and they couldn't get me a better rate.
Sponsored Links